Friday, March 30, 2007

Moving again

We found a house with a month to month lease and I've been working on getting the right money to the right person but that right person isn't making it terribly easy.

He told me to send a check for the deposit and 1st month's rent. I asked him who should I make it out to and where should I send it. He didn't respond but all his emails have a link to the realty company at the bottom so I checked their site.

I sent the check to the company at their address. A few days alter I find he doesn't actually want the check sent there. He wants it sent to this new address. Fine, canceled original check for $25 fee and cut a new one to the new address this time with $14 fee for express mail to guarantee next day delivery. A few hours after that's done he writes me that the check needs to be made out directly to him, not the company.

Three checks have been mailed so far. None of them valid.
It's Friday, we're supposed to move in on Sunday.


It doesn't help that he lives on another island or that he went on vacation for a week while he was waiting for the check.

No comments: